Youth Travel Team
Program: Zionsville Youth Travel Wrestling Team expands upon skills learned in beginners wrestling and prepares the kids in grades K-6th for the next level of competition. The Travel Team practices have a higher level of difficulty and focus on advanced wrestling techniques. Wrestlers will be training for both individual and team tournaments.
Practices will be held on Mondays & Wednesdays from 6:00pm to 7:15pm in the ZCHS Wrestling Room. The practice schedule has been uploaded to TeamSnap and we will update it regularly during the season.
Our team goal for the Youth Travel team this year will be to have all wrestlers compete in the ISWA Folkstyle State finals, which will be held on March 8-10, 2024.
Cost: $250 – wrestlers can bring in a check made out to “ZWC”.
Travel Team members must have a valid USA Wrestling Membership and can use the following link to obtain this: https://www.usawmembership.com/login
Required equipment: For meets/events - our “competition uniform” athletes will have two options:
- Zionsville wrestling singlet
- Compression shirt with fight shorts.
You can access the MyHouse gear store using the following link: https://www.myhousesportsgear.com/zionsville-hs/
- We will use TeamSnap this season for all communications and scheduling.
- Roster: Please review and update all contact information (emails/phone #s/etc) and be sure to update the athlete’s profile with a recent picture so other parents can learn names. During events you can easily access the “Roster” tab on the TeamSnap app to learn wrestler names, but also parents, grandparents, etc.
- Calendar: IMPORTANT NOTE ON PHONE/OUTLOOK CALENDARS: Please be sure to check that events for this upcoming season are showing up on your phone/electronic calendars. If not - you might need to delete last year’s calendar and re-subscribe to this year’s schedule from either the mobile app or online website (note: you should not have to do this, but this would be the next step to take if they are not showing up). If you have any questions, please reach out to Coach Welch (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Availability: Please become familiar with the “Availability” tab. We would like you to update your wrestler’s availability for all events during the season (practices are not necessary). This is especially important if you know in advance there will be an absence, so we can plan accordingly.